House Tour

Updated House Tour coming soon! 



Welcome to my Living Room! This room has come so far since it's humble beginnings. I love spending time in here with my family.
 Enjoy! 


Our sofa and chair are wool and were originally purchased at Pottery Barn. 
We bought them on Craigslist. The rug is by Nate Berkus from HSN. It is no longer available. 
The clock above the sofa is from Pottery Barn. I bought it about 5 years ago for $50 on sale.  It's no loner available. 
The yellow flower pillow was purchased at Target


The silver bowl on the coffee table was bought in Mexico and is a gift from my Mother-in-Law.
 I bought the Pottery Barn books at T.J. Maxx a few years ago. 


The blue trellis pillow was purchased on Etsy and is made from this fabric. 
The peacock pillow is made from Pottery Barn's Bettina fabric which has been discontinued. 
The large navy pillow is from Pottery Barn found at DownEast


The small lumbar pillow is also from the Bettina Fabric. 
The large blue pillow is an outdoor pillow from Pottery Barn found at DownEast
The blue lamps were bought at Home Goods. You can read more about them here
The "love" print is from Made By Girl


The loveseat was bought on Craigslist. The garden stool was bought at a consignment shop for $10. 
The curtains were made with this fabric by my friend Erin. You can read more about them here
The red pillow is from this etsy shop. 
 The chevron one is from this etsy shop. 


Coasters from Furbish. You can read about them here.  
Silver trays are from Target and side tables are from Ikea. You can read more about them here

My coffee table is from Alice Lane made by Shine. You can read more about it here


My credenza was bought at a garage sale. You can read about it here


My subway sign was bought at Pottery Barn via DownEast and is no longer available. 


You can read more about my living room here.



My table set is very old and needs to be replaced. It was a hand-me-down from my parents. One day we'll get a new one! 

The runner is from CB2 and is no longer available. The rug is from CSN. You can read more about it here. It's a great rug except for that one corner that we can't get to lay flat. 


The roman shade is made with this ikea fabric. I had Melissa of Windows by Melissa make it. 


This gallery wall has had a very long evolution. It started out like this

I've since added:

Temple photograph by 28th Street Gift and Photo
Utah State Print by Q.A. Designs
"Give us this day" print by Persimmon and Pink
Canvas Photos by Canvas People
I posted about my DIY ampersand here

The highchair is from Ikea. It was super cheap and I love it! 


My ladder shelf is from Pottery Barn via Downeast. 


The items on this shelf were bought at a variety of locations. Most of them were wedding gifts. 

The ikat bowl was purchased on HSN by Nate Berkus. You can read about it here


The paint color used throughout most of my home is Benjamin Moore's Hazy Skies


It's a greenish grayish color. At night it pulls very green and during the day it's super light. Almost white. I love it! 


Here is Jett's newly designed room! 


I started planning Jett's room months and months and months ago. I knew that we were going to be having a baby soon and that it was time to move on from the crib. The problem was that Jett seriously loved his crib and he slept great in it. He never once tried to climb out or escape. So I wasn't really motivated to change things up when things were going so well with his current set-up. Plus his nursery was a labor of love for me. 

I decided to make a headboard out of Schumacher's Adras Ikat Print in Caravan

Here is the result! 


I fell in love with the Turning Pendant from West Elm the first time I ever saw it. I love the natural wood on the base. 


I blogged about the artwork from Minted here.  It's the Alphabet in the Round print from their new art print collection


I love this happy print. The colors are all perfect for the room and the scale of this print is great for the large empty wall. 


The headboard is for sure the "star" of the room. I love it. 




The bedding is the Ronan Duvet from Serena and Lily. The sheets are the Sprout Star Sheets also from Serena and Lily. 


As you've probably noticed from some of my other projects seen here and here I really love this goldfish pillow


For my birthday Josh hired Noah  to trim out all our windows. It makes such a huge difference especially on a window that only has a roman shade and no drapery treatments. 

I came across an etsy shop on Pinterest that makes custom ribbon trim roman shades. I love how simple and clean it is with the busy patterns on the headboard and rug. 


This "I love to see the temple" print is by Plum Street Prints



I purchased this rug from Williams Sonoma Home a long time ago and it's still around! I still love it. 



You may  remember me blogging about the clear shelves I bought here


I am also happy to report that Big Bear has found a permanent home in the basement. 



On the opposite wall from the bed I created some cloud art that I blogged about here


To make the art feel a little more custom I painted the inside of these basic ikea frames red. The inside of the frame is actually fiberboard so it was impossible to paint. The paint just kept falling off. So I sprayed some primer on and the paint stuck like magic!  


The red lamp is one of my favorites. It's the Robert Abbey Delta Oxblood lamp


 The elephant was one I found at Toys R Us and just spray painted. The arrow artwork is also from Minted. It's the Feathered Arrow print




Every time I walk into this room I am happy. It's currently my favorite room in the house. However once my nursery is finally finished Jett's room might be in second place! 

photography by Britta Anne Photography

Here are the pictures of Jett's Nursery before...



My son's name is Jett.  In designing his nursery I wanted to steer clear of the obvious airplane theme.  But guess what? I just couldn't do it.  The airplanes kept calling to me.  But in the end I really like how it turned out. If I would have to describe this room in 3 words they would be; Adventure, Colorful and Sentimental. It is full of mementos from my husbands childhood and even has a few items from our travels.  The room is the tiniest room on the planet earth so I tried to make sure each item in it meaningful. 


The crib is from Wal-Mart and the bedding I had made by this Etsy seller. She did an excellent job and it turned out exactly how I wanted. The prints above the crib I got on Etsy from this seller. 


My mother-in-law gave me so many cute things from when my husband was little. Here is an alligator coat rack that he made when he was in school.  Hanging from it are two special outfits.  The white one is the one Jett was blessed in and the other is the one we brought him home from the hospital in. It also happens to be the same outfit my husband was brought home in when he was a newborn.


Remember this post?  Well since I wanted Jett's room to have a semi-adventurous feel to it I loved these globes hanging from the ceiling. I got them at a Utah Idaho Supply store just down the street from my house.


 The globes all have special meaning behind them.  The tall one I got for my husband when I was in Russia, the middle one he had when he was in Brazil and the smallest one was a gift my parents got for me in Europe.  


The "J" was a gift.  I love that picture of Jett.  The  little schoolhouse picture on the left was done by my husband's grandmother.  It kinda looks like needlepoint and it  hung in my husband's nursery when he was a baby.


The elephant is a gift from my sister. She got it in Africa. 


  The rocking chair and pillow were all my husband's when he was little.


This ABC print is from Sarah Jane Studios. You can read more about it here


I saw this cute display done at Antrhoplogie with a strand of paper airplanes.  I had my husband fold a whole bunch of them and I strung them together. They go from one wall to the other right over the crib and changing table.


The upholstered rocker is from Wal-Mart. 

The curtain fabric is Dotscape Major by Dwell. I bought mine from Fabric.com. I had Erin from Plush Studio sew them up for me with a good lining to keep Jett's room a little darker. She did a fantastic job! The roman shade is from Downeast Home and is originally from Pottery Barn. 




This great pillow is a nod to the adventure feel I wanted Jett's room to have. It's designed by Thomas Paul and I bought it at CSN.

You can read more about the pillows and curtains here




We bought the changing table on Craigslist and I changed out the knobs for some I bought at Alice Lane.


The poster above the changing table is a reproduction of a vintage poster from the airline my husband flies for. 


The two airplane models are my husband's.


The magazine baskets were a gift but I've seen them at T.J. Maxx. 


Jett and I have had some great memories in this room.  He is extremely precious to us and I loved creating and designing this room for him. 


My latest addition to my home is Jane's Nursery. 


This nursery was a labor of love for me. I am in love with how it turned out. 

A big thanks to Jylare Smith Photography for taking all of these beautiful pictures of this room and my sweet little baby girl. 



Yellow Lamp: Stella Floor Lamp from Urban Outfitters 



Pink Rocker: I found it on Craigslist and had it repholstered by Brian Maxfield from Rocky Mountain Upholstery in Callahan Blossom by Pindler. 

Rug: Homespun Modern Trellis Rug from Rugs USA



Roman Shade made by Windows by Melissa



Fox: Mini-Suzette the Fox by Bla Bla 








Crib Sheet: Custom made by Fern Leslie Baby in Firecrackers by Schumacher 
Crib Bumper: Basic Punch Bumper by Serena and Lily
Crib Skirt: Basic Punch Skirt by Serena and Lily


Word Artwork: Sugarboo Designs



Blessing Dress: Gymboree


Artwork: Highway Wildflowers by Minted designed by Kelli Hall



Changing Pad and Cover: Restoration Hardware
Changing Table: West Elm from DownEast Home  You can read about it here
Paint Color in Room: Hazy Skies by Benjamin Moore 




This room is still very much a work in progress. I am changing up all the bedding, getting the settee reupholstered, buying new curtains etc. But for now this is it's current state. 


The bird pillow is from Alice Lane Home Collection. The blue quilt and shams are from Pottery Barn.

I don't even remember where our bed is from. We got it for a wedding gift. 


The colorful pillows were made from napkins! You can read about them here. The duvet cover is from Pottery Barn bought on Ebay. 


The settee is from Pier 1. The pillows were custom made. You can read about them here


The night-stands are from Tai Pan. You can read about them here. The lamps and shades are from PB Teen. The clock is from Pottery Barn. The needlepoint Pinkie and Blue Boy were made by my husband's grandma. You can read about them here


The prints above my dresser are from a calendar. You can read about them here. The stencil was done by me. You can read about it here.  The dresser was my husbands when we got married and the knobs on it are from Anthropologie. 


Jett LOVES playing on our bed. 


As I said before this bedroom has some fun stuff in the works. I've already gotten new pillows so stay tuned for updates. 




Hands down this room is my favorite room in my house. 

The rug is from Tuesday Morning for $40. 
The desk was bought at a Down East Tent Sale for $100. I think it's originally from West Elm. 
The Ghost Chair knock-off is from here


The Expedit shelf is from Ikea. I know everyone has them but I have always loved them. Before I had this shelf everything was shoved into my closet in a very unorganized manner. Now everything has a spot and I love it. It really is the best feeling. 

You can read about the "ks" on top of the shelf here


I have my husband's diploma next to mine. I got the & sign from Hobby Lobby for $5. The pagoda was on sale at Z Gallerie. 


The green boxes and magazine files are from Ikea. They hold up okay. The boxes aren't the best quality but they work for the time being. Plus they were super cheap


The chevron frame in my bookshelf is from Furbish. It is so beautiful. I want one in every color. 


The boxes on this shelf are from Bath and Body Works. The birds were my grandmas. 


I made the gradient art in my color theory class in college. 


The geometric magazine holders are from Target.  I've blogged about the magazine holders here




Hanging in the corner of the room is this painting I got when I was in Russia. It has such special meaning to me. When I lived in St. Petersburg I'd go to the center all the time and this church is so beautiful. 

The American Beauty print is by Laura Mae Dooris. You can read about it here


The framed tree print is from Sugar Fresh. For some reason I found this image to be so calming. I just love the single tree with the birds and squirrel. 



I adore my curtains. I just love the color combination plus the print is so pretty. I got the fabric for $3 a yard at a local fabric store. I am not sure where it is from or what it is called. It was a remnant bolt. 

The roman shade was actually the second thing I got for the room. I also found it at Down East and it was only $20! I am obsessed with it. I love it so much. It is actually an inch too short on each side but with the curtains covering the gap you'd never notice.


I like to keep my desk pretty clean since clutter can tend to pile up. I have a cup with pens and scissors, a matryoshka doll from Russia and this great little bird print done by ashmae that I picked up at the Bijou market. The pink pencils are from Oriental Trading. 




My poor husband was sitting on the floor for months in the office. So Caitlin hooked me up with this awesome Eames rocker. Love it! It's great for a small space. I had Erin make me a cute little ruffle pillow for the chair to give some added back cushion.  I got my waste basket from One Kings Lane. You can read about it here


The chandelier is one of my very favorite things. It's from CSN




All images by Jessica Kettle

photography by Lindsey Orton 

No comments:

Post a Comment