Books a Million

When it comes to shelving I take the minimalistic point of view. I like to display maybe one or two things per shelf. But it is up to you how you want to display your books, collections or really whatever you want. Here are some of my favorite ideas:


I love the look of color coding your books. I don't know about you but I dont' have a lot of colorful books lying around. But if you really want to do this what about painting your books or book covers. Or just start collecting colorful books....


If you aren't color coordinating your books, I do like the look of having some sense of color unity on your shelves. And who said you have to use your shelves for just books!! There are so many different things you can display as long as they all look good and tie in together.

photo


Pillows? Why not. As long as it looks good anything goes. You can be creative.

tricks for decorating small spaces

photo

Hanging art and pictures is pretty popular right now and I love it. Small, medium or large I think it's a fun look. It's great if you want to hide something on your shelves if don't have the option of cupboards.

Shelves are also a great way to display your collections. Jars of shells, rocks, or feathers. Bring some nature in and display it in a cool way.
Whatever you do with your bookshelves, remember you are not limited to just books. Be creative!!

No comments:

Post a Comment