What I Love about.... Autumn from Design*Dump




Welcome to a new series on my blog!  I love reading other design blogs and am so inspired by these women who are so talented and stylish.  I have been wanting to find a way for them to participate on my blog so let me introduce the "What I love About..." series.  My first guinea pig is Autumn from the wonderful blog, Design*Dump.  


What I love about Autumn:
I LOVE Autumn's blog.  It is one of my very favorites.  Design*Dump is full of beautiful images, fantastic DIY ideas and great design advice.  One of the most fabulous things about Design*Dump is all of the scanned images Autumn posts. She has saved images from countless magazines and uploads the pictures to her blog. She is not only a stylish designer but  truly nice person as well.  Here are her answers to a few questions I asked her about things she loves.   



What I love most about where I live are the people surrounding me. There are so many wonderful people in the area we live, and there is a real sense of community. Even though we live in a suburb of a large city, it feels like we live in a small town. I see the same people at the grocery store, at soccer and t-ball practice, at the park and at my kids school.
Because we live so close to a fairly large city, there are so many things to do—museums, concerts, sporting events, great shopping and tons of restaurants. Every Saturday, we explore a new part of the city, and eat at a new restaurant. It has become a family tradition that we all enjoy.


What I love about Interior Design:
I love making a space better than it was---more comfortable, more beautiful, more functional. I enjoy assisting clients in creating a space that we both love. I believe that we all have an innate sense of beauty, and feel honored when  I am able to be help a client make their space a place that reflects them and makes them happy. Probably my favorite part of interior design is looking at fabrics. I could spend all day in a fabric store, imagining all the combinations and possibilities. I am also a bona-fide furniture addict. I love to look at and shop for furniture. Oh, and mirrors. I adore a great mirror.
What I love about blogs:
Ooh…. There are so many things that I love about blogs and blogging. First , I am constantly amazed at the creative and talented men and women “out there”.
I have been pleasantly surprised at how supportive and friendly the blogging community is. People are really kind, and, from my experience, genuinely happy to see others succeed. That has been really refreshing.
Also, I love getting inspiration from photos and projects and ideas that others post.  It’s like one big “circle of inspiration” in which people can feed off of, and build on each others creativity. I also enjoy being able to visit someone else’s tiny and unique corner of cyber space—it’s like being invited into their life and home and head.  It’s addictive and fun.
I have favorite remodeling, cooking, crafting, entertaining and design blogs, but some of my favorite design blogs are:


What I love most about my life:
I love that my husband is the smartest and funniest man I know. I love that he makes me laugh every day, and that each time he does, I fall in love with him a little more. I love the ages that my kids are right now—Olivia;10, Charlotte;8 and Grady;6. I love that we can go out to dinner or on a road trip and not have to worry about diapers and sippy cups and tantrums. They are old enough to get along well (most of the time), and yet young enough that if we get in the car and announce that we are going to get ice cream, they get super excited! It really is magical, and I wish I could freeze them like this forever.


What I am loving right now:
Sooo hard to only pick three, but here goes:
metallic lamps with textured drum shades
vintage bamboo chairs  and industrial light fixtures
Anything by Oly Studio or Casamidy

Thanks to Autumn for participating and check out her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment