Day Trip: New York City


( I met up with some great bloggers for lunch. I can't believe I got to meet Jamie and Nick. I LOVE them!)

I feel like yesterday flew by! All weekend I was debating whether to go or not. But since my husband is a pilot and I can fly for free I figured I had nothing to lose.

 I took the red eye from Utah to New York and got about 2 hours of sleep. So not only was I super tired but I am sure I looked like I got ready for the day in an airport bathroom. Which I did. 


I have been reading some mixed reviews about the show and I'm not really sure what to think. I guess I can understand where everyone is coming from but I had a great time. Maybe it's because I've only been blogging for about a year but I felt lucky just to be there. Surrounded by so many amazing people, in an incredible city, sitting just a few feet away from one my design heros. I don't know how many people in their life get a chance like that. I guess they could have made the show more blogger-oriented but I wasn't really expecting that going in. I didn't expect the royal treatment or to be showered with praise. It's his show. Not a blogger show. He gets to do whatever the heck he wants. That's how I feel. The end. 

But can we just talk about how amazing the set was! Wow. I got to sit on one of the front rows and gawk over his amazing chevron rug and that great little table. So happy. 

The very best part of the whole day was getting to meet some of my favorite designers in person. 


I would have flown all the way to New York for the day just to get the chance to meet these ladies so it was all worth it. Traci and Emily have the most adorable accents. I seriously think I need to get a dialect coach to give me some kind of new voice. I just love them. I was so excited to meet Bryn. She is just as nice as I hoped she'd be. 



Amanda and Chassity. I LOVED talking to these girls. 


Getting to talk to and meet Jenny was so neat. If only these great ladies didn't live so far away. Maybe it's better though or I'd probably be stalking them and begging them to hang out everyday. 

I wish I could have stayed for the after party but I had to rush back to catch my flight home. I literally sprinted to my gate at the airport and I barely made it home. 

This was an experience that I will never forget. As a girl who used to spend her days waitressing and trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life I felt like this day was a dream come true. I am so grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment