Blue Solves Everything


If any of you are live in or are from Utah you've probably heard of Provo. Well my dad has been the mayor of Provo for a little over a year now. He is doing a great job and he is loving every second of it. The only big issue was how blah his office was. The building is very old and it has this wood paneling everywhere. He enlisted my help to spruce it up a little bit.


My first thought when I walked into the room was how brown it was. Brown walls, brown furniture, brown brick and green carpet! 



We couldn't paint the paneling and we had a limited budget. My dad also has very traditional taste which was a bit of a stretch for me.  Needless to say this space was a bit of a challenge. We made some very minor changes that I think made a huge impact. 

Take a look now! 


The space was very very warm with all the browns so I immediately thought to paint the walls blue and bring in blue through the fabric. Blue is one of the best ways to cool a warm room off. The paint is Catalina Coast by Behr. The green carpet was replaced and donated by Carpets America

I had Erin sew some new pillows for his loveseat. You'll notice how sad looking the pillows were in the first before picture. I had these done in a Ralph Lauren fabric striped fabric for the front and a coordinating blue fabric for the back. 


We had the chairs reupholstered in this blue fabric as well. I also had Erin make some curtains to cover up the ugly brick. 


I used the striped Ralph Lauren fabric to upholster the backs of the chairs. 


One of my favorite additions to the office are these lamps we got at CSN. 


They are Robert Abbey lamps that are usually over $500. But for some reason they are only $93.50 at CSN. Steal! 

All in all I would say it was a success. My dad comes to this office pretty much everyday and he deserved a space where he could feel happy and inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment