One Hour Consult Before and After


One hour consults have been a really interesting experience for me. I do a lot of them and it's usually a pretty simple process. I always tell my clients to be very prepared with questions and I think that we squeeze as much as we can within the hour. At the consult I pretty much just say exactly what I think and I don't hold back. They aren't paying me to come up with a design they are paying me to give an opinion so that's what I do.  Sometimes I can tell people are a little overwhelmed because they feel they have SO much to do. 

I recently got some feedback from a client, Jamie, that I visited last Spring. Here is what her bedroom looked like when I came out. 


The room felt dark and it lacked personality. I recommend painting the walls, bringing in color and I advised her on some space planning solutions. I got this email from her last week. 

"Back in the spring you came to my house and helped me with the layout and ideas for my bedroom remodel.  Your ideas were incredibly helpful and I'm happy to say I finally finished - it was a long project but so worth it.

Thanks again for all of your help - I'm so happy with the way it turned out."

Here it is now! 



It's so much better now. I think what the one hour consult really does for people is it gives them confidence and motivation to make changes in their home. They want someone to come in with a fresh set of eyes and give them an honest opinion on what needs to change in their homes. In her email Jamie also said, "Thanks again for all of your help - I don't think I would have been brave enough to go where I really wanted without your help and advice." 

I'm happy to help you be brave! 

To learn more about my design services go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment